Middle Mountain Cabins
If anyone finds this message, feel free to use these cabins as shelter. Just remember to say a quick prayer for the folks like poor George who died thanks to this new hell on earth.”
Middle Mountain Cabins is a location in Fallout 76.
A privately-owned corner of the Appalachians, the owners of the Middle Mountain Cabins made a living by renting them out. Though Spartan when it came to furnishings and amenities, they were a popular choice with hunters and required only modest upkeep. One peculiarity of the owners was that they insisted on giving welcome baskets to guests. They accepted them, even though few of them had a pressing need for three types of flavored honey and a dresser sachet. Nobody complained however, and by late 2076 they had regular visitors, hunting the the large herds of deer and elk throughout the area.
The visitor numbers increased as the Sino-American War worsened and people sought respite from the dreary reality. In February 2077, the owners booked the cabins solid through the next two months and even decided to strip radios from the cabins, to let their guests enjoy the peace and quiet. However, as the situation deteriorated, they started pondering shuttering the business and converting the cabins into a shelter. Although no binding decision was made, the idea stayed at the back of their heads through June. When the Great War came, they stayed at the cabins, but the nuclear fallout from the attacks started drifting into their area. At first, only the animals were affected, but on October 30, a week after the attacks, George, one of the owners, came down with radiation sickness.
He died a few days later, on November 2, 2077, as his partner was away on a scavenging trip. Someone broke into their cabin, killed George, and took the stockpiled supplies. The other owner buried George and abandoned the cabins, entrusting them to anyone who came afterwards, only asking a prayer for poor folks like George.
Points of interest
- Located deep in the woods, the MMC consists of three cabins and an outhouse in the distance. There's a surprising amount of loot here, including power armor, a caps stash, and several collectibles.
- Potential bobbleheads
- On the desk with the Pioneer Scout Terminal, between the bunk beds, in the center (south) cabin.
- On the mantle of the fireplace, on the northwest side of the right (southwest) cabin.
- Potential magazines
- In the outhouse, southeast area, between the left and middle cabins (if facing southeast).
- On the small metal work counter below the wall tool board, inside the tiny tool shed uphill and east of the three main cabins.
- Potential power armor
- Outside the middle cabin, left of the entrance steps.
- Dynamic spawns
- Weapons: Assault rifle, combat rifle (semi-automatic), combat shotgun, hunting rifle, pipe weapons of all types
- Consumables: Any alcoholic drink, Psycho, Psychotats
- Ammo: Any ranged ammo
- Power armor: Raider power armor pieces
- Junk: Bobby pin, pack of cigarettes, cigarette carton, cigarette, rat poison, radio jammer, assorted bones
Middle Mountain Cabins appears in Fallout 76.