Owned by Med-Tek Laboratories, this private research laboratory was primarily focused on infectious diseases. One pharmaceutical in particular created by Med-Tek was an experiential treatment known as PREVENT, which a treatment for an unknown disease. The facility's trials in developing PREVENT were less than ethical; an immense prison system in the facilities sub-levels housed dozens of test subjects who had been bought from an undisclosed source.
The director of this facility got advanced warning of the incoming nuclear Armageddon. With the alert, the director placed the facility into lockdown to prevent contagions from spreading. The lockdown also authorized lethal force for those trying to escape, trapping all the researchers and test subjects inside. For the executives, however, they enacted evacuation procedures, escaping the carnage they built. The only known person to successfully escape the facility was Wayne Tournquist who hacked into the director's terminal to forward messages to him. Upon discovering what was about to happen, he fled the facility to gather his family and ride out the storm.
In the two centuries that followed, the property remained locked down and infested with a horde of feral ghouls. However, rumors began to spread of the miraculous cures left inside. One rumor was about a cure for a virus that affected only teenagers and children, and produced blue boils on those afflicted.
The facility opens to a reception area, with a security office to the east (behind a Novice-locked door). Further north is a room containing an airlock to a locked off section, as well as a hallway leading east, past some restrooms, to a staircase leading to the second story office; a collapsed floor goes up the third story, containing an office and balcony overlooking the second story.
The southern part of this story leads out to a balcony overlooking the reception area. To the west is the executive office, which has a terminal that can lift the facility-wide lockdown. The terminal can only be unlocked using Jacob's password, given to the Sole Survivor by MacCready during his quest, Long Road Ahead.
Once the lockdown is lifted, the airlock can be opened and the other section of the ground explored. All of the doors are locked and a collapsed floor prevents navigation, forcing one to use the nearby security terminal to open the doors. The doors conceal several laboratories, one of which contains a chemistry station; the laboratory on the west end has a busted wall that leads to the collapsed floor and a staircase, both of which lead to the second story. Through several more laboratories is an elevator that leads to the sub levels.
The first room branches into two hallways, but the northern hall is blocked by a collapsed floor, forcing one south. This leads to a two-tiered atrium that is lined with a dozen of observation rooms surrounding a central staircase. Toward the east end of the second floor is an office with an Advanced-locked security gate.
The rest of the sublevel is accessed through a hole in the floor of the middle observation room on the eastern wall of the lower tier, after opening the doors using the terminal in the office. The subsequent hallway leads to an open room with a staircase and a doorway to the east; the stairs simply lead up to a trashed office that contains a Novice-locked safe. The doorway leads into a hallway, and past a couple of rooms another staircase descends to a large laboratory and autopsy room. South of the laboratory is an elevator that ascends back to the ground level.
- An edition of the Massachusetts Surgical Journal is on the table on the east end of the autopsy counter in the sublevel.
- Prevent is on the autopsy counter in the sub level.
- A fusion core is in the emergency generator located in the open room with the winding staircase in the sublevel.
- A Nuka-Cola Quantum is found in the northwest office on the third floor.
- A Nuka Cherry is in one of the refrigerators in the autopsy room.
- A Vault-Tec lunchbox is in the southeastern office on the second tier of the sub level, beside a terminal.
- The sub level has several handcuffs, medical liquid nitrogen dispensers and rolls of duct tape.
- There is a teddy bear couple on one another in a refrigerator, that is full of liquor, in the sub level.
Med-Tek Research appears only in Fallout 4.
- Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Collector's Edition p.288-289: "[2.24] MED-TEK RESEARCH
This private research laboratory owned by the Med-Tek Corporation began experimenting with infectious diseases. One was a virus that affected only teenagers and children. The entire facility went into lockdown when the bombs fell to prevent any contagion from spreading, trapping all the inhabitants. The lockdown was never lifted."
(Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Map)
- Med-Tek research terminals; Executive Terminal, Research Report Summaries
Note: The Research Report Summaries in conjunction with the numerous cells in the sub-levels indicate subjects were held against their wills.
- Med-Tek research terminals; Executive Terminal, > System Alerts
- The rumors and Jacob's password to the executive's terminal had to come from somewhere.
- West Everett Estates terminals; Wayne's Terminal, Made it home
- The Sole Survivor: "Of course I'll help. Count me in."
Robert MacCready: "I was hoping you'd say that. A few months before we met, I bumped into a guy named Sinclair who claimed his buddy caught some kind of a disease. I thought he was wasting my time until he said his partner broke out in blue boils. They dug up information about a cure at a place called Med-Tek Research. They even managed to grab the building's lockdown security codes. Unfortunately, Sinclair's buddy died before they were able to break into the facility. I mean, there's no way that's a coincidence, right? Med-Tek has to be the place."
(Robert MacCready's dialogue (Fallout 4))