Fallout 3 locations project
MDPL mass relay station
Once under the Brotherhood of Steel’s protection, this area now home to a small Raider scavenger team under Torcher’s leadership. The Brotherhood's defaced emblems can still be spotted by an observant traveler.
The station was used as an outpost by the Brotherhood, thanks to the reinforced underground power substation. The above-ground area is surrounded by makeshift barriers, built around the power pylons and transformers, with the entrance to the substation located in the foundation, down a flight of stairs in the front.
The station itself consists of an entry corridor and an L-shaped main room, containing computer mainframes, chemistry sets, three beds (clean, newly made ones), and Torcher himself, assisted by two other raiders.
- Guns and Bullets - on a table in the substation, to the left of the entrance.
- Nuka-Cola Quantum - in the safe (very hard), can be unlocked by a nearby terminal (very hard).
- Torcher's mask: worn by Torcher inside the station.
- Directly to the east there is a marooned boat, inside there are two ammunition boxes and four crates. There are also two more boxes underwater, usually containing lead pipes.
- In the rocky area to the south, beyond the docks and outhouse is a corpse pile consisting of a mercenary, a raider, two wastelanders, and a pair of skeletal remains. The area is roamed by several Yao Guai.
The MDPL mass relay station appears only in Fallout 3.
- Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition p.101: "Once under the Brotherhood of Steel’s protection, this is now home to a small Raider scavenger team under Torcher’s leadership. Torcher is in the interior substation, and he’s armed with a Flamer to really cause you some problems."