The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
A template in this article or section is missing some data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
This article has missing audio files. You can help The Vault by uploading them.
Loyal is an elder member of the Boomers at Nellis Air Force Base in Fallout: New Vegas.
The "old man" of the Boomers, Loyal is the chief mechanic of the Nellis Air Force Base keeping the Solar array and other key machines functioning and has grown up on Nellis since leaving Vault 34. Unlike the other boomers, he does not have the same xenophobia as the other boomers do and actually seems to appreciate the Couriers help. He can be found in the southern hangar of Nellis. His house is the farthest to the left of the three hogans on the back side of the two main hangars.
Interactions with the player character
|This character starts quests.|
|This character is involved in quests.|
- Sunshine Boogie: Loyal asks the Courier to repair the broken arrays at the Nellis array.
- Ant Misbehavin': The player can ask him for a sonic emitter to help clear away the ants in the generator room.
- Volare!: After becoming idolized by the Boomers, Pearl will describe the Boomers' dream of raising a Crashed B-29 bomber from the bottom of Lake Mead. She instructs the player to talk to Loyal for more details about the project.
- Old School Ghoul: Loyal is one of three people the player must talk to help Raul Tejada.
Combat knife or
Drops on death
- Despite his age, Loyal may say "I can't believe we may have the superfortress built in my lifetime."
Loyal may at some point disappear from Nellis. This may make it hard to complete Volare! or Old School Ghoul due to the fact that he can reappear just outside Black Mountain, between the summit and Hidden Valley. After approaching his quest marker, he was reset back onto the summit of Black Mountain.
- To fix this, enter player.moveto 000ff26a into the console.
- Black Mountain and I found him at Nellis later in the game. He just walked home. Can't promise this outcome for everyone. Sometimes he is just behind Tabitha's building on the south west corner of black mountain walking into the fence constantly. My game glitched and this is where I found him, luckily right after he just walked through the fence and out of
- If the player has completed Volare! before doing the Render Unto Caesar or The House Always Wins questlines, Loyal becomes useless when attempting to get The Boomers to side with either faction. Despite the quest arrow pointing to him, the only remark he will give is about the resurrected plane.
- If Loyal is killed, sometimes it will not show his weapon making it impossible to obtain his weapon.
Loyal appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.