Fallout: New Vegas locations project
|For the entire interstate, see I-15.|
The NCR military camp at the Long 15 beyond the Mojave Outpost is a location in California. It is a part of the old Interstate 15 and is a major checkpoint for travelers heading to the Mojave Wasteland. Destroying it would cut the main supply line the NCR has going to the Mojave, though the full extent of the damage would only become apparent years later.
The part of Long 15 accessible beyond the gates of the Mojave Outpost contains highly irradiated remains of an New California Republic camp, destroyed by warheads launched at the end of the quest The Apocalypse. The area is populated with irradiated heavy troopers and glowing ones, along with their former commanding officer, Colonel Royez.
The camp consists of a small firing range, numerous ruined buildings, and several crashed Vertibirds, along with a small amount of high tech gun cases along the road to the northwest. Ammunition boxes and NCR weapons are littered about the area, while the massive explosion crater looms in the west, beyond ruined buildings.
- Scorched Sierra power armor - worn by Colonel Royez.
- Plasma caster - carried by Colonel Royez.
- Great Bear grenade rifle - in a gun case near Colonel Royez.
- Four mini nukes, along with a Fat Man can be found in a High-Tech gun case located to the back (west) of the map.
- NCR Ranger combat armor - On a dead NCR trooper at the back of a destroyed truck.
- West of the crashed Vertibird there is a stash of ammunition and supplies on top of the hill.
- The high-tech gun cases may yield a variety weapon modifications and in some rarer incidents, a Tesla cannon.
- Unlike every other location introduced through add-ons, companions can travel to Dry Wells and the Long 15 with the player.
- Although the mushroom cloud seen at the end of The Apocalypse appears to be over Mojave Outpost, the outpost is undamaged.
- The Vertibirds seen crashed around the area bear Enclave markings from Navarro, as seen in the Remnants Bunker, instead of the NCR markings of President Kimball's Vertibird.
- The player will not receive NCR infamy for killing the irradiated NCR heavy troopers found in this area, or for killing Colonel Royez.
- It can be very challenging to kill the Irradiated Heavy Troops, as their health recovers very rapidly from the radiation and the shared effect of Royez' Sierra armor.
- Attempting to fast-travel to another area while in the Long 15 will cause the player to drop dead as soon as it finishes loading.
- The Courier: "The Long 15 is no more. The main supply line into NCR is cut."
Ulysses: "No damage done, not yet. Maybe in years. Keeps the Bear fenced... if Caesar can't drive it back, fire might. Only delays the end for the Bull, a new wall for them to scale and cross... once they're done with the Mojave. And Hoover Dam. Never again do you or any other courier and caravan need walk that route. Let the Mojave breathe without that asphalt scar raking it."