Legion Praetorian armor
This armor has a damage threshold of 12, and can be repaired with any Legion armor. The protective elements of this armor appear to be made of a set of football shoulderpads (protecting the shoulders, neck and chest) and a baseball umpire or catcher's "vest" (protecting the rest of the torso and groin). It is similar to a suit of Legion recruit armor, with the additional of metal bracers on the forearms, as well as a red cloak worn around the neck.
- Caesar's Legion safehouse - a set can also be found in the safe house.
- Legate's camp - it is also worn by the Praetorian guards in the camp.
- The Fort - worn by the Praetorian guards.
- Some Legionary assassins may wear sets of it when the player reaches high levels.
- The armor is first seen in the opening cut-scene. A legionary can be seen in this armor looking out over the New Vegas Strip, when the other legionaries are running past him.
- It is one of only two Legion armors which have a cloak, the other being centurion armor.
Behind the scenes
- The name Praetorian refers to the ancient Roman Praetorians, bodyguards of a general's tent (praetorium) and, in later centuries, of the emperors.
- While in the Pip-Boy menu screen, you can see the armor going through the Pip-Boy.