Once you have the Lawbringer perk, any evil character you kill will have a finger on their corpse. This finger can then be sold to Sonora Cruz, a member of the Regulators, at Regulator HQ for caps and positive Karma. Specifically, a single finger will give you +10 Karma and 5 caps each with good karma or 10 caps each with very good karma.
- If another person kills the enemy, the finger will not appear.
- Taking this perk is the only way to get the Regulator HQ location marked on the map.
- If the player's karma is in the Very Good range, Sonora Cruz will comment on the player's "other deeds" and award the player with a bonus. The bonus is in the form of an extra 5 caps per finger. The karma reward remains unchanged.
- Taking this perk spawns Junders Plunkett at the Arlington House; his finger can be sold to Sonora for 1,000 caps. He also carries the unique weapon Plunkett's Valid Points.
- In the Official Fallout 3 Strategy Guide it incorrectly states in the Perception section that both the Lawbringer and Contract Killer perks require you to have at least 6 Perception before you can get them.
- This perk is required to obtain one of the Guns and Bullets books, and one of the Nuka-Cola Quantums.
- Sonora Cruz vanishes from the Regulator HQ and does not return. Fast traveling to the HQ often spawns various combination of hostile creatures and/or robots. They are normally busy killing the brahmin outside the HQ, however they engage you upon your arrival. Due to the nature of the AI and the non-player character characteristics of Sonora Cruz, this causes her to flee from the area and not return. She can be brought back to the HQ by using the console, but must be disabled, then re-enabled to reset her scripts, or she will act continually frightened. It should be noted that if you kill whatever is outside before you enter the regulator HQ Sonora Cruz will not flee. It is possible that
- Even with the Lawbringer perk, regulators in the HQ will hold a bounty notice saying that you're a dangerous person who is to be shot on sight for a reward of 1000 caps when having an evil or very evil karma status.