Implant Y-3 removes radiation taken when drinking dirty or irradiated water, soft drinks, and alcohol from the Pip-Boy inventory.
The amount of radiation removed is dependent on the player's current radiation It has a lesser effect when drinking from irradiated faucets, toilets/urinals and water ponds. Radiation effects are lowered to +1 rad. The message "Implant Y-3 removed ingested radiation" will appear on-screen, unless drinking from a faucet toilet/urinal or pond.
- Due to the way the perks' effects are calculated (1 - (Player.GetActorValue RadResist) / 100)), it is less effective at higher levels of radiation resistance. Using dirty water as an example:
- RadResist 15%, drinking dirty water (Rad+5) → no radiation
- RadResist 69%, drinking dirty water (Rad+1) → no radiation
- RadResist 70%, drinking dirty water (Rad+1) → radiation +1
Behind the scenes
- The image for this perk is the same as the icon for the RobCo processor widget, a quest item in Fallout 3.
- All Old World Blues implant perks use this image, and they are the only characteristics in the SPECIAL that have no Vault Boy or Vault Girl included in the image.