The hunting revolver is a large, double-action revolver that fires .45-70 Gov't ammunition. On the base on the hand grip, a generic serial number 05709234 is stamped into the metal. It does significantly more damage in comparison to the .44 magnum revolver and comes with a scope as standard, versus requiring a modification as with the .44 magnum. The hunting revolver scope also offers more powerful magnification at 2.46x, compared to the 1.86x magnification for the .44 magnum scope. Its high base damage is second only to the Ranger Sequoia when compared with other single-handed guns.
Despite being a one-handed revolver, the hunting revolver is not a holdout weapon, meaning that, even at a sneak skill of 100, it will not pass a search when entering a weapon-free location where you are asked to turn over your weapons.
- Ranger Sequoia, a rare, more powerful, non-scoped version of the hunting revolver used by New California Republic Veteran Rangers.
- Gun Runners' Arsenal hunting revolver, a variant added by the Gun Runners' Arsenal add-on that can be modified.
|Name||Type||Dmg/shot||DPS||Att/sec||Crit mult||Crit dmg||Spread||AP cost||Ammo||Ammo cap||Weight||Item HP||Value||Stat Req.|
|Hunting revolver||Double-action revolver||58||87||1.5||x1||58||0.35||31||.45-70 Gov't||5||4||110||3243||Guns:75 Strength:6|
|Ranger Sequoia||Double-action revolver||62||104.6||1.7||x1.5||63||0.1||30||.45-70 Gov't||5||4||80||1199||Guns:75 Strength:6|
- Black Mountain - next to a gore bag located on a cliff edge overlooking the road halfway up the mountain.
- Bloodborne Cave - one hunting revolver and 20 rounds of .45-70 ammunition can be found in the cave, near the campfire.
- Camp Golf - many of the Veteran Rangers carry them.
- Freeside - Orris carries one during the quest G.I. Blues.
- Gun Runners - can be bought from Vendortron, if the player is a high enough level.
- NCR Ranger Safehouse - on the racking to the right of the ammo press.
- Red Rock Canyon - several may be found on Great Khans.
- REPCONN Test Site - tucked between a corpse and the wall, next to a safe, in one of the second floor locked (easy) storage rooms.
- Given as a reward during the quest Bleed Me Dry.
- Lobotomites sometimes carry them.
Behind the scenes
- If loading a saved game from the main menu in which you have a hunting revolver equipped and drawn, the reload animation takes twice as long as normal. This can be solved by simply switching to another gun and then back again.