The benefits to the wearer of the hockey mask is that their Unarmed skill is raised by 5 points when equipped.
- Hockey masks can be found throughout the Capital Wasteland, especially on raiders.
Behind the scenes
- The hockey mask as raider headgear may be a reference to Lord Humungus, the villain in Mad Max 2(AKA The Road Warrior in the U.S.).
- The mask's main shape is based upon the mask worn by former NHL goaltender Jacques Plante.
- The 5 point skill increase in Unarmed is likely a reference to the fact that some hockey players have a tendency to get into fist-fights during a game. The involvement of a goalie in such altercations is very rare however.
- The markings on the mask bear a striking resemblance to the "war paint" used by the street gang in Death Wish 3. This could be a coincidence, but due to the same colors and markings used it could be a unintentional design. Also, hockey masks in game are normally used by raiders who share much in common with the street gangs of Death Wish 3
- Chinese stealth armor equipped, it is possible to equip one and then another mask repeatedly for 100 unarmed skill. It is possible to repeat this indefinitely, meaning that if you have the dedication, you will be able to kill a super mutant behemoth with one punch on very hard difficulty setting. While having the