Help guard a secret transaction taking place in the desert.
It is a good day to trade
Awright, the boss says you're coming along on a little TRANSACTION we're doing. Make sure you come armed…don't bring no pea-shooters…then come back and talk to me.”— Mason
- After collecting from Renesco, Salvatore will request the player's assistance in guarding a secret transaction and direct them to Mason.
- Mason will ask the player to bring guns and request that they report to him when ready. The transaction requires little in the way of armaments, actually, so the player can go with Mason immediately.
- If the player always addressed Mr Salvatore properly (as Mason explained) and didn't taunt Mason, they can ask for a Wattz 1000 laser pistol and training (+5% to Energy Weapons).
- The transaction is simple. The player is immediately transported to the desert near Reno at night (it's possible to rest using the PIP-Boy to view the scene at day). Approaching the group of Salvatore mobsters triggers the cutscene. The player has to wait for the conversation to finish and leave when the mob leader dismisses the guards.
- Approaching the Enclave soldiers at any time will cause them to go hostile and fail the quest.
- Upon return, Mason will direct the player to Mr Salvatore, who will accept the player as a Made Man. Refusing the honor will cause him to go hostile.
- If the player accepts, Mason will give the player the complete loadout of a Salvatore made man.