- Talk to Irwin.
- Offer to help him with the raider problem at his farm.
- Kill all of the raiders at his farm.
- Return to Irwin and tell him he can return home for a gain of 500 XP and his .223 pistol.
Irwin is a refugee living in the Hub. He can be found near Bob's Iguana Bits stand and Beth's weapon store in the downtown area. If the player talks to him, he will tell them about his problem concerning raiders who invaded his farm. He asks the player to get rid of all the raiders on his property by any means necessary.
If the player agrees to the quest, they'll be transported to Irwin's property (not marked on the map). To complete the quest, the player needs simply to kill all of the raiders in Irwin's house. There are a total of seven moderately armed and armored enemies, either wearing leather armor or jackets. Overall the raiders aren't excessively powerful, but can swarm the PC and overwhelm a low-level character, which is likely what warranted the minimum level requirement.
- Once the player leaves the farm, they won't be able to return there, even if they killed the raiders.
- If the player character has not reached level 5, they will not be able to accept this quest. If they talk to Irwin about helping him with his problem before you have attained level 5, he will tell the player to come back when they have "more experience under your belt".
- The player can find a suit of metal armor and some stimpaks inside the farmstead.