|For an overview of hatchets in the Fallout universe, see hatchet.|
It is a weighted hand-axe with a rubber-gripped metal handle, for chopping wood and limbs alike. Unlike throwing hatchets, these are not balanced for use as a projectile weapon. Hatchets deal an additional 50% limb damage.
It has a special 'Back Slash' attack, which does 70% damage in V.A.T.S. at the cost of 17 action points (requires a Melee skill of 50).
- Deathclaw Promontory - sometimes found on a corpse, alongside a set of unmarked T-51b power armor and Remnants power armor.
- Freeside thugs occasionally use them.
- Mojave Outpost barracks - occasionally sold by Lacey.
- Thorn - carried by Red Lucy.
- Vault 3 - carried by some Fiends.
- Vault 19 - the escaped convicts occasionally carry them.
- Hatchets are used widely by lobotomites in Big MT if the player is level 20-30.