|For an overview of grenade launcher models throughout the Fallout series, see Grenade launcher.|
Great Bear grenade rifle
It has the appearance of a grenade rifle, but with a blue stock emblazoned with a white U.S. Army insignia. It differs from other grenade rifles in that it's 40mm grenade projectile causes 15 points of direct damage (rather than the normal 2). It is also significantly more durable, lasting 2.5 times longer.
- Grenade rifle, the common variant.
- Thump-Thump, a more accurate unique variant of the grenade rifle with a faster rate of rifle and the long barrel already attached.
- Mercenary's grenade rifle , a unique variant that is slightly lighter.
- Red Victory grenade rifle A unique variant of the grenade rifle that has a faster rate of fire.
|Name||Type||Dmg/shot||DPS||Att/sec||Crit mult||Crit dmg||Spread||AP cost||Ammo||Ammo cap||Weight||Item HP||Value||Stat Req.|
|Grenade rifle||Grenade launcher||2 + 100||218.6||2.1||x1||1||1.0||35||40mm grenade||1||6||100||300||Explosives:25 Strength:3|
|Thump-Thump||Grenade launcher||2 + 100||284.1||2.8||x1||1||0.8||35||40mm grenade||1||5.5||125||800||Explosives:25 Strength:3|
|Mercenary's grenade rifle||Grenade launcher||2 + 100||218.6||2.1||x1||1||1.0||35||40mm grenade||1||5.5||100||300||Explosives:0 Strength:3|
|Great Bear grenade rifle||Grenade launcher||15 + 100||246.6||2.1||x1||15||0.5||32||40mm grenade||1||5||250||950||Explosives:25 Strength:3|
|Red Victory grenade rifle||Grenade launcher||2 + 100||327.9||3.2||x1||1||1.0||29||40mm grenade||1||4||125||950||Explosives:25 Strength:3|
|The following is based on Fallout New Vegas cut content and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
- The Great Bear grenade rifle originally appeared as cut content texture and meshes in the game files of Old World Blues, named as scorpion rifle, along with the projectiles.
|End of information based on Fallout New Vegas cut content.|
- The only way to access this weapon is to nuke the Long 15 at the end of Lonesome Road.
- This weapon is heavier than the Red Victory grenade rifle, but makes up for it by doing more damage.
- This weapon is not affected by Grunt, because addon content is unable to interact with content from a different addon.
- JSawyer adds the Great Bear to the Grunt list, but requires all add-ons to work.
Behind the scenes