The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
A template in this article or section is missing some data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
This article has missing audio files. You can help The Vault by uploading them.
Well lookit this! We got us a wanderer all the way out here in Will'im's Wharf! You mus' got some import'int bus'ness out here to be wandrin' around. But, 'taint none of my beeswax what yer doin'. But if yer interested in tradin', maybe we can help each other.”
Grandma Sparkle is a trader and cook at Wilhelm's Wharf in Fallout 3.
Born in 2205, Grandma Sparkle is quite sprightly for her age and refuses to leave the wharf, despite the recent Super Mutant and Raider incursions. She’s protected by her deft hunting rifle skill and her family, who are out searching for Mirelurk Meat. She’s tasted all kinds of critters and swears that Mirelurk is the most delicious.
Interactions with the player character
|This character can be enslaved with the Mesmetron.|
|This character is a merchant.||Caps: 60-240|
Sells: food, miscellaneous items
Drops on death
- Sometimes Grandma Sparkle will be wearing the motorcycle helmet that is usually found in the fridge.
- Sometimes Grandma Sparkle will be wearing other clothes like wasteland wanderer outfit and wasteland settler outfit.
- Her headgear seems to randomly change as well as she can sometimes be found wearing pre-War hats and baseball caps.
- Her looks and voice are very similar to Old Lady Gibson's who is found in Gibson Scrap Yard in Fallout: New Vegas.
- "Well lookit this! We got us a wanderer all the way out here in Will'im's Wharf! You mus' got some import'int bus'ness out here to be wandrin' around. But, 'taint none of my beeswax what yer doin'. But if yer interested in tradin', maybe we can help each other."
- "Some fellas came by here a while ago that said they was lookin' for some dogooder/troublemaker that came from out of one of them Vaults. I told 'em I ain't seen nobody like that and set 'em on their way. They might still be around here though, if'n you think you can help 'em."
- "My boys are huntin' 'Lurks. Finest meat you can get, and it don't move around in your stomach like Mole Rat does. Right dangerous, those things. Just as soon take your head off as look at'cha. Watch yourself out here. They're all over."
Grandma Sparkle appears only in Fallout 3.
Behind the scenes
- She occasionally says, "Y'all come back now, y'hear?". Every episode of The Beverly Hillbillies ended with this very phrase.
|The following is based on Fallout 3 cut content and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
- Grandma Sparkle appears in a Form List whose only other entries are for the unimplemented Rock Crick hunters, possibly indicating that they are the "boys" who "are out hunting 'lurks."
- A partially completed dialogue option in the Broken Steel add-on was to have allowed the Lone Wanderer to ask Grandma Sparkle what she thought of Split Jack's gang. Sparkle's reply is not present, leaving her opinion on the matter a mystery.
|End of information based on Fallout 3 cut content.|
- Grandma Sparkle comments that some people came around asking her about "some do-gooder from one of them vaults". This is supposed to indicate that a karmically good player is being hunted by Talon Company hitmen. An alternate dialogue about someone looking for "some troublemaker from one of them vaults" is supposed to be said for karmically evil characters. However, a setting in the conditionals for these dialog choices is incorrectly set, so she checks her own Karma instead of the player's. Since she is a Good non-player character, the Evil dialogue never plays.
- Sometimes, Grandma Sparkle will be sitting in the ground, under her chair. She acts exactly the same, and gets up as usual.
- Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition p.75: "Grandma Sparkle
Sprightly for a 72-year-old, Grandma Sparkles refuses to leave the Wharf, despite the recent Super Mutant and Raider incursions. She's protected by her deft Hunting Rifle skill and her family, who are out searching for Mirelurk Meat. She's tasted all kinds of critters and swears that Mirelurk is the most delicious. You can trade with her, but her inventory isn't great. If you slay her, you can take the key to Grandma Sparkle's fridge, which contains a much larger selection of goods, including a load of Caps. Inside the shack, steal weapons from a gun cabinet, as well as outfits. There is a mattress here."
(Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition Wasteland Census)