This article or its infobox is missing an image. Please help The Vault by uploading it.
Go ahead, no one's watching. Get on and take a ride.”
Once touted as the "ultimate in equestrian robotics", it was a toy aimed at a target audience of little girls with a cost of $16,000 (c.2042). They brought the dreams of owning a pony to life, and with very little maintenance. Perfect for more urban and suburban environments.
A marketing poster featuring the horse is copyrighted 2042. This mechanical horses would remain a top market seller well into 2277, and their brand recognition would still be, mostly, intact in 2287. The item itself would become a rare and valuable find, more so for undamaged relics.
In the Mothership Zeta add-on, the aliens are shown to have an unusual fascination with the toy, possessing hundreds of them stacked on racks in the Research Lab. One particular observation room has a lone Buttercup in the center surrounded by five dead Test Subjects. Blood stains on the glass tube in the center and the floor suggest that the group was attempting to flee something in vain, ostensibly the seemingly harmless toy. Alien Captive Recorded Log 21 features Sally being taken to the recording room and noticing a Giddyup Buttercup. The aliens are described as being excited, either by her recognition of it, or by her happy reaction. If Paulson, Elliot Tercorien, or Somah are taken to the Buttercups in the Research Lab, they will make several uneasy comments about them.
This section is needed but has not been written yet. You can help The Vault by writing it.
- Codsworth: ""Ah, the Giddyup Buttercup. Bringing those dreams of owning a pony to life... and with very little maintenance I might add.""
- Fallout 3 loading screen
- Cait: ""I'll be damned. It's a Giddyup Buttercup! Wait... why do I know that?""
- Robert MacCready: ""Oh, it's one of those toy ponies. "Get Up Buttercake" or something like that.""
(Robert MacCready's dialogue (Fallout 4)) Note: This line is spoken at the foyer display of the Wilson Atomatoys corporate HQ.
- Hancock: ""You know, someone, somewhere would play real good money for that ugly thing.""
- Piper Wright: ""You gotta be kidding me. I thought these were all gone. Might come back and get you later.""
(Piper Wright's dialogue)
- Nick Valentine: ""To think, such a valuable relic, nearly lost to the ages.""
(Nick Valentine's dialogue)