Get the vertibird plans for the Brotherhood of Steel.
Travel to Navarro and obtain the Vertibird plans at the Enclave base.
Matt of the San Francisco Brotherhood outpost offers to provide the player with access to the facilities in exchange for the Vertibird plans located in Navarro. He will also shed some light on the history of the Brotherhood and the nature of the Enclave.
When the quest is accepted, the location of Navarro is added to the world map. After dodging Enclave patrols (or wiping them out), the player will arrive at a gas station, staffed by a lone attendant in purple robes, Chris.
From this point onward, access to the base can be obtained through several ways:
- Convince Chris that the player is a new Enclave transfer (the part can be dismissed as a hired escort), through a difficult Speech check. This will provide the password to get through the main gates of the base.
- Use the trap door inside the metal shack to access the underground level of the base via a ventilation duct.
- Use the ventilation unit dome west in the forest to get in through the ward used as temporary lockup for Xarn (opening the door will release the deathclaw).
Inside, the player can talk to the armory master and retrieve their own set of advanced power armor from the lockers, along with plenty of high end gear. Retrieving the Vertibird plans will require a bit of finesse (or brutality).
- Quincy will only provide the plans if proper authorization is obtained. This can be bypassed by telling him that Raul sent the player to get the plans, which will cause Quincy to throw a fit and give the player access to the locker.
- The plans can be stolen from the locker by using Sneak and Steal on the locker.
- If everyone is dead, no one can stop the player from grabbing the plans.
When the player leaves the building with the plans in their possessions, they receive 3500 XP.
Upon returning to Matt and giving him the plans, the player receives them back (as the Brotherhood only makes a copy of them), along with 20000 XP and access to the Brotherhood bunkers (including ACE and Brotherhood gear in San Francisco). The player can then give the plans to the Hubologists or the Shi for more experience points.