Gate Guard Primer
- Fort Defiance: The note is pinned to the wall inside the front gate guardhouse.
GATE GUARD PRIMER
Tourists and Visitors
The main building is off limits! There is a zero tolerance policy for the following:
- entering or climbing on the building
- defacing the building
or graffiti of any kind
- prying open or breaking windows
Use your judgment if something seems wrong but isn't on this list. Visitors who fail to comply with this should be ejected from the park.
- Docile wild animals like deer and beavers, etc are fine. Leave them alone and don't feed them.
- Aggressive wild animals should be removed by animal control, they are on the list of important numbers.
If that cow shows up again, call Howie. She's always getting out.
Don't approach them if you can avoid it. Most of them are friendly enough but you can never be sure. Treat them with dignity and respect and leave them alone until the authorities arrive. Some of them don't realize that the building is closed and others have no where else to go.
If you're ever confused or not sure how to handle something, just call my number. It's on the list too.