It has been suggested that this article or section should be split in multiple parts. Please help The Vault by discussing this issue on the article's talk page.
|For an overview of grenade models used throughout the Fallout series, see Grenade.|
A generic fragmentation grenade. Contains a small amount of high explosives, the container itself forming most of the damaging fragments. Explodes on contact.”— Fallout and Fallout 2 description
Frag grenades are muscle-propelled explosives. Fragmentation grenades are pretty rare, and aren't very useful late game, when most enemies have a very high explosive damage resistance. If you can find a few early on, though, they'll pack quite a wallop against weaker raiders and critters. Ideally, the blast radius of a grenade should be used against large groups, like mantises and gold geckoes, to maximize a single grenade's damage potential.
- Holy Hand Grenade: a unique weapon, enormously powerful and "A Holy relic of godly might."
- 2 grenades located in the Command Center in Vault 15.
- Multiple grenades can be found in Mariposa Military Base.
- Various merchants including the Gun Runners and Merchants in the Hub.
- Can be bartered or looted off the slavers in the Den.
- Merchants in Shady Sands sell them and some can be found on New Californian Rangers
- Vault Dweller's Survival Guide p.5-16: "The fragmentation grenade is extremely useful as a defensive weapon. A small, but concentrated, explosive charge connected to a contact fuze will spread over 1,000 metal fragments over a 2.5 meter radius area. The small explosion area means that these grenades can be used at a closer range than ever before, without possible harm to the user."