Fix the broken T-51b power armor
- Talk to Kyle about the broken suit of power armor.
- Acquire a systolic motivator.
- Bring the small piece of machinery back to Kyle.
- Use the systolic motivator and repair skill to manually fix the armor, and gain 500 experience.
The player has two options:
- Talk to Michael, the equipment manager for the Brotherhood, and persuade him into giving you the part. The player has only one shot at this.
- If that doesn't work or isn't available, the player must steal one from Rhombus' room. The item is located in the locker next to the door in his quarters (beyond the office). If Rhombus catches the player, they will have an opportunity to feign innocence but will be removed from the room; if the motivator is in the player's inventory, it is placed back in the locker. If Rhombus catches the player the second time, he will expel them from the bunker itself and the Brotherhood. Sneaking directly from the locker to the exit seems to have a high chance of failure, even with 200% sneak. Circling around Rhombus seems to have a much higher success rate. Lowering Rhombus' perception with alcohol may also help reduce his perception greatly. Hovewer, if you have a companion, you can quickly give motivator to him. If all else fails, entering combat mode allows for a simple means of evading detection entirely, as long as the player has enough action points.
Once the player has the part, Kyle will give them a repair manual and offer the armor to the player if they can fix it. A skill of at least 75% is necessary to fix the armor. If an attempt is made anyway, a message will state that the player obviously doesn't have the skill. Otherwise, the armor appears on the floor assembled.