|For an overview of Advanced power armor models throughout the Fallout series, see Advanced power armor. For an overview of various models of power armor throughout the Fallout series, see power armor.|
Enclave Hellfire armor
The most advanced power armor variant in the wasteland is the Hellfire powered combat infantry armor, developed based on regular power armor designs. A prototype version was developed shortly after the Great War by the Enclave stationed at The Whitespring Bunker. In October 2080, one of the prototype suits was sent to Vault 51 at the order of ZAX 1.3c, impersonating Stanislaus Braun through his writing style. Further development of the armor was halted due to the Whitespring facility losing communication with the other Enclave facilities and the eradication of all Enclave personnel within the Whitespring facility. The armor's development was not completed until 2277, at the Enclave's facility at Adams AFB, after reallocating resources from other projects into the Hellfire project.
While proving superior to its predecessors, the Hellfire armor could not be produced in large numbers quickly enough to replace the Mark II entirely during the Enclave's war against the East Coast Brotherhood of Steel. Instead, the Enclave High Command deployed them in a supporting role for troops wearing standard issue advanced power armor, or providing them to commanders of elite units, like Enclave Squad Sigma. Despite the superiority of the Hellfire armor, it was produced too late in the war to turn the tide in the Enclave's favor, and the research facilities that produced it were captured by the Brotherhood.
The design of the Hellfire focuses on survivability and durability. Due to the thickness and amount of armor, it does not feature angled or rounded armor to maximize the comfort of the operator and avoid limiting internal space. The back-mounted power pack is piped into the superpowered servo-motors using multiple redundant power cables on the armor, allowing the operator to use the Hellfire with surprising amount of agility. The characteristic pig's snout helmet completes the protective assembly with its thick armor and heavy-set design, maximizing protection. These improvements grant the armor all the advantages of the Advanced Mark II armor, with none of the weaknesses, while decreasing the weight, improving ballistic defense, and granting protection against flame weaponry (a defense unique to the armor).
The Hellfire has the same DR as the T-51b power armor and high durability, and boasts the added benefit of +30 Fire resistance and +1 Strength. The only drawback is that the helmet gives a penalty to Charisma, while the T-51b's does the opposite.
However, the Hellfire can be repaired with other Hellfire armors, whereas the unique T-51b can only be fixed by merchants. The fact that Enclave troops wearing the Hellfire are somewhat uncommon does reduce the appeal, but that should not discourage. It makes excellent armor for companions, as it does not degrade when worn by them. When combined with the extra companions glitch, it will allow you to storm across the wasteland with one mean squad (assuming you can find enough suits).
Comparison with other armor
|Armor||Damage Resistance||Rad Resistance||Other Resistances
|Stat Bonuses||Item HP|
|T-45d power armor||+40/ Helmet: +8||+10/ Helmet: +3||None||+2 ST, -2 AG||1000/ Helmet: 75|
|T-51b power armor||+50/ Helmet: +10||+25/ Helmet: +8||None||Helmet: +1 CH||2000/ Helmet: 100|
|Winterized T-51b power armor||+45/ Helmet: +10||+25/ Helmet: +8||None||Helmet: +1 CH||10,000,000/ Helmet: 1,000,000|
|Tesla armor||+43/ Helmet: +9||+20/ Helmet: +5||+10 Energy Weapons||Helmet: -1 CH||1500/ Helmet: 100|
|Advanced power armor Mk II||+40/ Helmet: +9||+15/ Helmet: +5||None||+1 ST, -1 AG/
Helmet: -1 CH
|1200/ Helmet: 75|
Enclave Hellfire armor
|+50/ Helmet: +10||+15/ Helmet: +5||+30 Fire/ Helmet: +5 Fire||+1 ST/ Helmet: -1 CH||2000/ Helmet: 100|
- Enclave Hellfire troopers are equipped with Hellfire armor.
- If the player has a set of 100% repaired armor on themselves and another in their inventory (any repair level), any damage and loss in DR will occur with the stored set, rather than the worn one, allowing for wearing essentially indestructible armor.
A person wearing the armor and holding a heavy incinerator.
- Vault 51 terminals#Re: Hellfire Prototype Requisition Request
- The following exchange is obtained after fixing the Assaultron at the Whitespring bunker entrance: Assaultron: Initiating ... final ... playback ... Assaultron: Engag--- Ragnarsdottir: That's the last of them. Entrance is clear, general. MODUS. Have the rest of these things stand down. The general's placed Eckhart under arrest. It's over. MODUS: General ... Santiago is dead, Major. Ragnarsdottir: What? What the hell was that? MODUS: There's been a ... detonation in the weapons lab. It appears the agent has ... broken containment and is filtering into the air system. Ragnarsdottir: MODUS, what are you doing?! Open the god-damned door! MODUS: This facility is now ... quarantined. Ragnarsdottir MODUS! Open the fucking door! You're going to kill us all! MODUS: To the contrary, Major. We're fixing ... the problem.
- Whitley: "All due respect sir, I think you're making a mistake. We're close to a breakthrough with the Duraframe Eyebots, I can feel it! Yes, sir. Yes sir, I understand that we need the Duraframe assets for Hellfire armor, but-No, sir. Yes, sir. I understand, sir. I'll tell the team to start disassembling the ED series prototypes right away. ED-E, you little rascal. Were you eavesdropping again? I think those videos you watch are a bad influence on you. How much of that did you hear?"
ED-E: "<Sad beeping>"
Whitley: "Hmm... didn't Dr. Grant say she'd upgraded your navigational systems? I think I have an idea.... How'd you like to be just like RALPHIE?"
- Events of Broken Steel
- Armor appearance.
- Armor statistics in Broken Steel