Economics of Violence
The "Economist" of Violence
Pronto in Paradise Falls complains about having no good items to sell as all he gets from the other slavers is leftover junk. If you offer to help him out he will ask you to bring him 20 Chinese assault rifles.
Chinese assault rifle locations
- Super mutant masters (in Vault 87, for example).
- Talon Company mercenaries often carry these weapons at higher levels or difficulty settings. Fort Bannister has frequently respawning mercenaries with this weapon.
- Both super mutants and Talon Company can be found in the Capitol Building.
- Mama Dolce's is full of Chinese remnant soldiers and high ranking officers carry this weapon.
- Megaton's armory houses three Chinese assault rifles.
- Stealing individual weapons from certain characters is underhanded, but will work. Lucas Simms in Megaton carries the weapon, as well as Harkness in Rivet City.
- Flak 'N Shrapnel's in Rivet City usually will start out with two of the rifles, and a third can be found in their room on the upper deck (Lockpick difficulty: Average).
- There is one on the shelf in the Wilks' house in Grayditch.
- In The Pitt add-on, three can be found on a shelf in the southwest room on the second floor of the abandoned apartments.
- In the Point Lookout add-on, there are several in the bunker next to Calvert Mansion at the end of The Velvet Curtain quest.
- There is one Chinese assault rifle on a shelf by the door to the Rivet City armory.
Pronto's shop will have a better inventory and he will also get a bit more caps (around 400 instead of around 150). There are pictures on the right with a typical before and after inventory list. Largely what is gained the store is turned into a "typical good gun and ammunition store" (of which there already are several of in the game) with an additional 20% discount. Use this to determine if you feel this quest is worth doing, since there is no other reward.
- If you have begun this quest and wish to complete it, do not become hostile with anyone in Paradise Falls. While the doctor will still offer services, Pronto does become hostile towards you, making it impossible to complete the quest.
- Pronto does not care about the condition of the rifles, so it is advised to resist wasting caps on rifles or repairs. Because of this, however, a good way to get rifles is to shoot them out of the hands of those carrying them.
- After you have given him the 20 Chinese assault rifles, you have to wait at least 24 hours before his inventory improves.
- Pronto will not accept the Xuanlong assault rifle, so players using the weapon need not worry about accidentally giving it away.
- Once you give him 20 rifles, if you talk to him about his inventory again and agree to get rifles for him, his inventory could revert to the previous version.