East pump station
This location is of paramount importance to the New California Republic, because it is responsible for filtering the water being pumped along the giant water pipe from Lake Las Vegas and Lake Mead, and then delivering it into the NCR sharecropper farms. The water itself however is being irradiated by the leaking reactor within Vault 34.
The station is easily identifiable thanks to its tower and pipe connections to the main water pipe line and another burrowing towards the sharecropper farms.
East pump station
The interior consists of an office room used by workers for breaks, storing their personal belongings and preparing for work, together with a control terminal on the desk. The terminal can be fixed with Science 50 and provides information about the water supply, starting Hard Luck Blues. The pump room beyond contains the main pumps together with a variety of toolboxes, but has no major items.
This is one of several locations containing references to Dead Money: There's a large poster advertising the Sierra Madre near the lockers, with two postcards tacked on the board by the computer. There's also a poster advertising Dean Domino's performance in pre-War Vegas.
Located next to the front entrance of the pump station, the cistern is similar to the other cisterns with only one room littered with junk, low level loot and in the middle the cistern itself, which can be drank from. Of the low level loot, there are 2 Nuka-Colas and a Fixin' Things by a broken terminal.
- Fixin' Things: In the cistern, by the broken terminal.
- Hard Luck Blues: The quest to solve the problems with the reactor starts by activating this terminal.
- The trigger for marking this location as visited is not at or near the door. Instead it is between the East Pump Station itself and the adjacent East Cistern, in the area where the pipe passes between the two building.
- When you try to look at the computer, the image will just be blurry and then when you exit out, all of your scoped weapons (when you zoom in) it will just show a computer screen. This can easily be fixed by resetting the console.
The east pump station appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- Fallout: New Vegas Official Game Guide Collector's Edition p.315: "[2.21] East Pump Station
This location is of paramount importance to the NCR, because it is responsible for filtering the water being pumped along the giant water pipe from Lake Las Vegas [3.22], and then into the Sharecropper Farms [2.20]. There are actually two buildings: the East Cistern, and the facility itself, plus two nearby Manhole Covers allowing access into the sewers [U2]. Inside the cistern is a Water Tower Valve (allowing you to sip clean water), and a blown-out terminal with a Magazine next to it."
(Fallout: New Vegas Official Game Guide Collector's Edition Tour of the Mojave Wasteland)
- East pump station terminals; Pump Station Terminal, WARNING