|For an overview of dynamite throughout the Fallout series, see Dynamite.|
Strictly speaking, dynamite is nitroglycerin-soaked charcoal, pressed into sticks. A dynamite package is a collection of a few sticks, taped together, and wired in parallel to a simple timer. This timer can be set for as little as ten seconds of delay, or up to a few minutes. Dynamite is especially helpful for clearing cave-ins, and can blow most doors apart.
A single stick of TNT, this ancient mining and demolition tool is an effective starter weapon for Explosives-based characters. It comes with a three second fuse and is tossed in an arc when lit. With only 1 Strength required, it can be easily used by any character as a backup throwing weapon to use for reaching enemies around corners. It has a good blast radius, at 11.7 yards (10.70 meters).
Interestingly, it is marked as inert and bears a pair of Stars and Stripes printed on the waxed paper, each bearing 50 stars. Whether it's a misprint or an indication of the age of the sticks remains to be seen.
- Long-fuse dynamite: a standard stick of dynamite with a doubly long fuse.
- Ghost Town Gunfight: Easy Pete will give the player several sticks if they pass an Explosives 25 skill check.
- Eddie will give the player several sticks every three days if they have a positive reputation.
- Arizona Scavenger: Received from Decanus Severus for every 3 tags the player brings in and Aurelius of Phoenix clears it.
- Non-player characters
- Prior to patch 220.127.116.112, dynamite had a smaller blast radius.
- Dynamite is very inconsistent in its explosions: if dynamite is detonated by shooting while it is still in an NPC's hand, it will use the MediumExplosion type, with a blast radius of about 3.2 yards (3 meters). If the dynamite is shot while it is flying through the air, it will use the GrenadeFragExplosion, with a blast radius of 14 yards and 125 damage.
- A "broken" dynamite stick can be picked up sometimes. Dropping it in a container and picking it back up will fix the glitch.
- 750 unit radius, 128 units = 2 yards