Excellence is Never an Accident”
Listen, you little bastard. You may not be government, but your little company just so happens to be located right in the center of the United States of America. You know all that freedom you enjoy running your business and making all that money? Well, that's thanks to people like me who keep the damn Commies from picking our country apart like a bunch of vultures eating roadkill.
When the U.S. Army asks for help, you help. End of story.”— Gen. C. Braxton to CEO Stanley Dyer
Dyer Chemical is a location in Fallout 76.
One of the staples of the region's economy, initially producing animal feed and phosphates, Dyer Chemical has been owned by the Dyer family for generations. Although local ownership was a boon for the citizens,verification overdue, remove it was less so for the environment, as Dyer Chemical wound up polluting the river through "accidental" spills in a bid to reduce waste disposal costs. Although the scheme seemed perfect, it was a liability that could be turned into leverage in the right conditions.
The right conditions manifested in February 2075, when the United States Army decided that the facility would be the perfect testing center for the CWD's Project Clean & Clear. General C. Braxton presented Stanley Dyer, the company's CEO, with an outline. As modifying the existing infrastructure would put the company millions in the red, interrupting their regular production, the CEO refused the proposal. Braxton replied by informing him that it was a direct order and threatened Dyer with nationalization and replacing the staff with robots.
Confident in the political backing he had, namely his well acquaintance with Senator Sam Blackwell, Stanley Dyer remained adamant over the next two days as Braxton fumed and threatened him. He even pulled strings and involved General Braxton's superiors in the debacle. However, Braxton had an ace up his sleeve: Photographic evidence of corporate misconduct and Dyer's crude disposal methods, courtesy of a mole operating at Dyer's since 2074. Faced with the prospect of public humiliation, the CEO relented and obeyed the ordered, converting the factory into a chemical warfare facility by May 2075.
Points of interest
- Stretching alongside a north-south freeway passing through The Mire, the Dyer Chemical complex consists of three main buildings and numerous chemical storage vats, as well as a sizable underground sewer.
- The westernmost building, with an outflow pipe leading to the river, contains the main chemical mixing vats and supervisor's office, as well as storage and unloading dock, and connects to the adjacent building by way of a skybridge. The main hall contains a chemistry station, as well as a bobblehead spawn point.
- The northern building, in the center of the complex, contains the station control building with the sewer access hatch at the bottom. It's surrounded by chemical storage vats, with the sewer maintenance building and main sewer access to the southeast. The sewers and station control room at the southern end of the building contains the location's steamer trunk.
- The main entrance to the facility, including the locker rooms and welcoming office, is in the parking lot to the southeast.
- The interior area stretches beneath the facility and has two main sections, the office rooms above and the sewers proper below. The upper, office level, contains a random, leveled power armor with the corresponding station, while the generator room to the south includes a weapons workbench.
- The alcoves are worth investigating, as they contain a decent amount of loot.
- Holotapes and Notes
- Lucy's Holotape: The holotape is on the body of Lucy Harwick found inside the sewers.
- Happy Anniversary!: The holotape is on the body of Duncan McKann found inside the sewers.
- Potential bobbleheads
- A bobblehead may spawn in the corner of the room to the left of the chemistry station.
- Potential magazines
- One magazine may spawn on a wooden crate on the upper floor of the eastern building, in the southwestern corner.
- One magazine may spawn inside a yellow cart on top of the pathway between the two buildings.
- One magazine may spawn inside an open metal locker in the second floor rear room of the western building.
- Potential power armor
- A partial suit of power armor may spawn in the power armor station at the bottom of the stairwell after entering the sewer tunnel.
- Other Loot
- A fusion core may spawn on a desk inside the side room of the front administrative building.
- A fusion core may spawn inside the fusion generator in the ground floor of the middle building.
- A fusion core may spawn inside the fusion generator outside of the middle building.
- Dynamic spawns
Dyer Chemical appears only in Fallout 76.
- Fallout 76 loading screen hints: "The Dyer Chemical plant originally produced animal feed and other phosphates used for nearby farms."
- Dyer Chemical terminals; Supervisor's Terminal, Outgoing Mail 02.10.75
- Dyer Chemical terminals; Supervisor's Terminal, Incoming Mail 02.11.75
- Dyer Chemical terminals; Supervisor's Terminal, Outgoing Mail 02.12.75
- Dyer Chemical terminals; Supervisor's Terminal, Incoming Mail 02.13.75
- Dyer Chemical terminals; Supervisor's Terminal, Outgoing Mail 02.14.75
- Dyer Chemical terminals; Supervisor's Terminal, Incoming Mail 02.14.75
- Dyer Chemical terminals; Supervisor's Terminal, Outgoing Mail 02.15.75