Image needed (Holo tag front and back)
This article or its infobox is missing an image. Please help The Vault by uploading it.
|This is a lore summary, presenting intradiegetic or in-universe information about the subject. For game characteristics and similar data, consult the table on the right.|
Military identification tags or "dog tags" are a form of identification issued to military personnel. Each tag contains a copy of essential information, such as name, blood type, identification number, and other data. The tags are meant to provide an easy method of identifying casualties. They are designed so that one of the tags can be left with the soldier, while the other is collected for administrative use.
A pair of stamped tags made from brass. The design dates back to the 20th century.
- For the set that belongs to Killian Darkwater, see Dog tags.
- For the mercenary tags in Fallout 2, see Angel-Eyes's dog tags, Blondie's dog tags, and Tuco's dog tags.
The holotags are a more refined version of the classic dog tags, containing a holographic storage device and printed with essential information about the soldier. The information includes personal details, security clearance, blood group, and an identifying barcode.
- For the Fallout: New Vegas dog tags, see NCR dogtag and irradiated NCR dogtag.
- For the Fallout 4 unique dogtags, see Danse's holotags, Initiate Clarke's holotag, Knight Astlin's holotag, Knight Rylan's holotag, Knight Varham's holotag, Paladin Brandis' holotag, and Scribe Faris' holotag.
- Dog tag appearance in Fallout 4.