The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
A template in this article or section is missing some data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
This article has missing audio files. You can help The Vault by uploading them.
Better image needed
An image on this page has quality issues that need to be rectified. Please help The Vault by editing or replacing it with a better version.
|For an overview of prospector uses throughout the Fallout series of games, see prospector.|
Prospectors are scavengers who roam the wastes for various items of interest. Many dead prospectors can be found around the Mojave in many different locations, typically carrying some form of armor, a gun, its corresponding ammunition, casings for said weapon, a melee weapon, some form of an aid item and occasionally some Caravan cards.
- 2 dead prospectors that are wearing remnants power armor and T-51b power armor respectively, at the Deathclaw promontory.
- Several dead prospectors are found at the Prospector's Den.
- One is found in the Black Rock cave.
- A dead prospector can be found at The Devil's Throat.
- A random loot spawning dead prospector can be found in a holding cell inside of the Nevada Highway Patrol station
- A second random loot spawning dead prospector is found inside of Nipton Hall in the assembly hall level.
- One carrying a Sunset Sarsaparilla star cap can be found in the middle of scorpion gulch. Two more can be found by travelling east through a pass.
- One can be found at the Cottonwood crater with a Fat Man.
- One can be found with a key to a locked gate in the Searchlight North Gold Mine.
- One is found by proceeding north-northeast from the water tower in Goodsprings cemetery, it is inside one of the radscorpion nests nearby in the small alcoves along the cliff wall.
- A dead prospectors loot will either be preset or will randomly generate items based on the game's difficulty and your character's level.
- The one located in Black Rock cave carries the unique weapon the Paladin Toaster. Another one found at The Devil's Throat is carrying the CZ57 Avenger, a unique minigun.
Interactions with the player character
|This character has no special interactions.|
|Rattan cowboy hat|
Reinforced leather armor
Wasteland wanderer outfit
|10mm submachine gun|
9mm submachine gun
.357 Magnum revolver
M&A 9mm pistol
Various, food, chems and junk items.
Drops on death
|No additional items|
Dead prospectors appear only in Fallout: New Vegas.