Once the center of Cambridge University and a part of Cambridge, this central square is currently a ruin of a different sort; originally a stronghold held by raiders, it was recently overrun by a massive infestation of ferals. Prior to its fall, this encampment was not only the center for the usual raider antics, but also an extortion racket, charging travelers a fee to ensure safe passage from the raiders. Since its fall, the area earned a reputation for transients being torn apart by the ferals. Needless to say, travelers, transients, and scavengers have avoided the place, leaving the place ripe for looting.
The square is built around College Square station and adjacent to the Cambridge Police Station. Several restaurants, shops and offices line the square, offering minor loot. The newspaper shack by the entrance contains a novice locked safe; the building behind the newspaper shack (facing the subway entrance) contains another safe, which is advanced locked.
- Toll schedule: On the corpse of Ricca in the sniper perch on top of a building overlooking the square.
College Square appears only in Fallout 4.
- Curie: "College Square. I was hoping some professors or even students would be here..."
- X6-88: "College Square used to be a raider stronghold. That was a long time ago."
- Preston Garvey: "Must have been a lot of ferals to rip right through these raiders like that. Can't say I'm too sorry about it."
(Preston Garvey's dialogue)
- Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Collector's Edition p.402-403: "[7.01] COLLEGE SQUARE
The northwest entrance to Cambridge was once a Raider stronghold, recently overrun by Feral Ghouls. It’s worth removing a few rotting heads to gather the copious ammo and Caps here. Check the buildings you can access and don’t forget to jimmy open the three safes and collect contents from a trunk on the northeast roof area."
(Fallout 4 Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Map)
- Toll schedule