The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
A template in this article or section is missing some data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
May Saint Monica bless you.”— Father Clifford, Fallout 3.
Born in 2217, Father Clifford is the head of Saint Monica's Church in Rivet City. His acolyte is Diego. He is the spiritual guide for the inhabitants of Rivet City. As such, he used to counsel Mister Lopez, trying to get him to stop attempting to end his life, but it seems that he had little success other than decreasing the amount of time Mister Lopez spends on the flight deck.
Father Clifford has an acolyte, Diego, who he has taken care of since Diego was abandoned by his father. The bond they have is like father and son.
Father Clifford is normally seen in and around Saint Monica's Church but is known to roam around the inside of Rivet City talking to other residents. On occasion Father Clifford can be found in the Muddy Rudder lecturing anyone present on the dangers of sin in the bar.
Every Sunday Father Clifford holds a mass, for which most of Rivet City's named non-player characters show up.
Interactions with the player character
|This character drops an ear when killed (Contract Killer).|
|This character starts quests.|
|This character is involved in quests.|
- Church Donations: If the Lone Wanderer wants to gain karma, the Lone Wanderer can talk to Father Clifford and make a donation to the church.
- A Nice Day for a Right Wedding: The Lone Wanderer can tell Father Clifford about Angela Staley and Diego.
- If the Lone Wanderer talks to Father Clifford he gives the Lone Wanderer a brief history of his church and role.
|Dirty pre-War relaxedwear|
|Father Clifford's key|
Saint Monica's key
Drops on death
- There is a whiskey bottle and a syringe of Med-X in his podium in the church.
- During the Point Lookout add-on, the Lone Wanderer finds out that Marcella, a Christian missionary, made contact with Father Clifford in her travels.
Father Clifford appears only in Fallout 3.
- Console and select Father Clifford by either clicking him or typing
prid 1e767and hitting return. "Father Clifford" (0001e767) should appear at the top of the screen if he has been selected. Next type
say RCsermonand hit return. After exiting the console, he should begin speaking.
The Sunday sermon is often glitched: either Father Clifford is not present at all, but non-player characters shush each other because he is speaking, or he will be present, but not speaking. It is advisable to go to church before starting A Nice Day For a Wedding, as the Sunday sermon seems to get stuck because of a bug in that quest. To hear Father Clifford's sermon directly, open the
- He has also been noticed speaking his sermon in the upper deck hallways on days other than Sunday.
- Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition p.72: "Father Clifford
Father Clifford, 40, spends most of his days in the church, but leaves for a couple hours every day to walk around the carrier. He's a nice guy and likes just about everyone he meets. He is especially fond of telling the story of Saint Monica, who went on a journey to be with her son and saved his soul. He counsels Mister Lopez during his frequent visits to the church. He's mildly envious of Doctor Preston; it doesn't help that Doctor Preston never attends church."
(Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition Wasteland Census)