This article has missing audio files. You can help The Vault by uploading them.
Chinese intelligence bunker
This is a hazardous area. For your own safety, please vacate the premises.”— Protectron
It is a secret pre-War Chinese bunker under the greenhouse next to Calvert Mansion. It requires a special code (See The Velvet Curtain) and the cryptochromatic spectacles to get in through the secret door. Inside is a large number of stacked ammunition boxes and loot. There is a protectron inside that will ask for a secret password which, when given, will have the robot lead the Lone Wanderer to a room downstairs for the extraction orders.
- There is a mini nuke and a Stealth Boy on a shelf.
- There is also another Stealth Boy next to the entrance door.
- In the room downstairs on a shelf next to the door is the Backwater rifle, a unique lever-action rifle.
- There are seven Type 93 Chinese assault rifles.
- There are a few shovels located here.
- There is a large amount of ammunition located in ammunition boxes in the main room.
- The skeleton in the run-off tunnel.
- This suggests that Dr. Jiang died attempting to escape, assuming he was somehow able to get this far without completing his assignment. Another possibility is that the skeleton is the (now-deceased) speaker in the various instruction tapes for the mission.
- It is possible to enter the bunker without starting the quest by looking through the cracks next to the hatch, or by backstep jumping up the steep run-off tunnel entrance in the bay south of the mansion. Entering the bunker by either means will automatically complete The Velvet Curtain.
- The Lone Wanderer may re-enter the bunker at any time after finishing the mission, making it an ideal place to store valuables due to its workbench. You can keep the protectron near the entrance by using the "tin man" dialog option, though it will routinely ask you to leave the hazardous area, it never becomes hostile.
- If you deactivate the robot using Robotics Expert for the purpose of pushing it into its recharge station as decoration and then come back later you will find it has slid out of the station and must be repositioned.
- You can reclaim the lower room after the radiation has been triggered by interacting with the vent in the floor (44 repair).
The atrium outside, containing makeshift bedding.