Fallout: New Vegas locations project
Cave of the Abaddon
The cavern may only be entered after detonating a warhead on a northern offshoot to the canyon east of the Sunstone Tower. After detonating the payload, it opens to a blown open wall to an apartment. After entering the Cave of the Abbadon, it become noticeably more dim and apparent that the ceiling of the cavern is lined with dozens of collapsed buildings. The cavern opens to the ground being the side of a building with a tunneler nesting site to the immediate north.
Through a passageway of sorts, the cave twists and turns often with several tunneler nest frequenting the area. The cave comes to an end with a shaft of light from the surface breaking through and highlighting an apartment complex. An Auto-Doc lies in the rubble near the apartments. By entering the apartments and going through the kitchen and living area, there is a door at the end that leads to the buried Boxwood Hotel.
|The following is based on the Wild Wasteland trait and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
- Seymour is found near the remains of Summers (in the north corner of the first part of the cave).
|End of information based on the Wild Wasteland trait.|
- It contains many tunnelers including the tunneler queen.
- A swimming pool can be seen upside-down in the ceiling of the cave near the entrance.
Behind the scenes
"Abaddon" (אֲבַדּוֹן) is a 'Hebrew' word for 'Destroyer' or 'place of destruction'. In Revelation 9:1-11, Abaddon is described as the king of the bottomless pit and of a plague of locusts.
- The Auto-Doc does not remove addictions, although it performs its other functions.
- Jumping on to the large cross-shaped sign causes the player-character to clip into it and become stuck.