By a Campfire on the Trail
More Wasteland rehabilitation
We're going to do a little something that folks on the trail call healing powder.”— Sunny Smiles
After finding that the Courier knows their way around a gun, Sunny Smiles offers to teach them how to live off the land and craft medicine at a campfire.
- Go to the Goodsprings schoolhouse and collect a xander root next to the tree trunk in front of the school. Mind the giant mantises that skitter around the school.
- Go to Goodsprings Cemetery and collect a broc flower. Mind the bark scorpion on the way up the hill and the bloatflies that buzz around the hill top.
- Bring the xander root and broc flower to Sunny Smiles near Goodsprings source. She will confirm that these will do. If the resources are consumed, they will respawn every 72 hours.
- Use the campfire to combine the xander root and broc flower to make healing powder. Note that Sunny only checks the player's inventory for healing powder, not whether it was created at the camp, so it's possible to skip the gathering portion of the quest by simply making some.
- Talk to Trudy in the Prospector Saloon.
|1||Find a broc flower and a xander root|
|2||Use the campfire to make healing powder|
|3||Go and meet Trudy at the Prospector Saloon.|
Behind the scenes
- Retrieving broc flowers and xander roots parallels beginning of Fallout 2, where Hakunin can craft healing powder from any broc flower and xander root the player brings him.