Black Mountain Ordnance Works
Black Mountain Ordnance Works is a location in Fallout 76.
This remote storage and disposal facility has been operated by Cole & Parker Holdings Ltd., leasing secure, shielded domes to a variety of parties. Before the Great War, its two major clients were Greene Custom Defense Systems (at least 1 dome) and Nuka-Cola Corporation (at least 2 domes). Its earlier function was the manufacture of high explosives for the United States military and for this reason it was folded under the command of the Department of Defense's Reclamation and Renovation branch. It appears, though, that the facility suffered a catastrophic fate before the war, with its acid vats quite simply exploding, rendering it useless for the war effort.
Points of interest
- Black Mountain Ordnance Works is a complex spread out over the area. The main grounds are to the west, overlooking the shores of the river, with eight ordnance domes scattered throughout the woods to the north, on the other side of the road, and to the southeast of the ground. The domes are all locked and require locating keys.
- There are three domes on the northern side of the road, with the easternmost containing a power armor spawn and crafting station.
- There are five more to the south. The southwestern one contains crafting stations for armor, weapons, and cooking.
- In patch 18.104.22.168, Dome 7 was made accessible by performing a keyhunt for two paired key cards at Kanawha Nuka-Cola Plant and Tanagra Town, Nuka-Cola Marketing Access Code from the Crashed Plane site, generating a one time use code from Ingram Mansion, then traveling to Overlook Cabin to uncover two secret doors to get TNT Dome key 7.
- Potential power armor: Northeast of the Black Mountain works, inside the locked domes.
- Alien blaster ammo: In the UFO dome.
- Plan: T-51 Power Armor Nuka-Cola Paint: Nuka-Cola collector's dome, northern side of the road, center dome. The key to the door is available after following a trail of clues and other keys:
- Dead guy by Pylon V-13, on the ground near the entrance scaffolding. Contains a toolbox key, which leads to...
- A toolbox on the Watoga shoreline, east from Shopping Plaza, by the body of a woman on the sandstone formations. The key inside leads to
- A dog house in Sutton, north of Red Rocket, which contains a key to a locker in...
- Nuka-Cola Kanawha plant. The locker is located behind the counter in the testing sign-in/interview area. The key leads to Dome 3 at Black Mountain Ordnance Works. The plans for the paint will spawn on top of the cart, but are not instanced. Players only get one per server.
- Plan: X-01 Power Armor Nuka-Cola Quantum Paint: In TNT Dome 7, requires the key from Overlook Cabin.
- Notes and holotapes
- Initial Analysis: In the UFO dome.
- Dynamic spawns
- Consumables: Blackwater Brew, New River Red Ale, Oak Holler Lager, Old Possum, Pickaxe Pilsner
- Junk: Loose screws
Black Mountain Ordnance Works appears in Fallout 76.
- Black Mountain Ordnance Works terminals
- State of the actual Ordnance Works.