Big Fred's BBQ Shack
Big Fred's BBQ Shack was quite the misnomer. Despite the prefix, Big Fred wasn't that big. As I remember, the man stood 5 foot 10 inches and looked to weigh 180 pounds; lovely gentleman. And contrary to the humble images the word 'shack' brings forth, Big Fred's made the best rack of ribs I've ever tasted.
In these dark days, creative culinaries are exploring new methods with a meat source that's... readily available. I must say, their rendition of ribs is quite good, but it doesn't compare to Big Fred's. Five stars.”— Review by Glen Ramos
Big Fred's BBQ Shack is a location in Fallout 76.
A former beloved barbecue shack turned into a raider den - now the last resting place of David Thorpe, leader of the Cutthroats. Scorched, as befitting a barbecue shack.
Points of interest
- Once a must-stop along SR 105, the shack is now little more than a shooting range with animals and, if pursuing Key to the Past, scorched led by Thorpe, available a'la carte. The barbecue shack itself contains a cooking station and a large number of kitchen-related junk and loot. The houses are both sealed and inaccessible.
- Holotapes and Notes
- Cutthroats Key Fragment: The holotape is carried by David Thorpe, encountered in the last collection part of the mission Key to the Past.
- Burnt Ends: The note is on the front counter by the cash register, on top of a clipboard.
- Dynamic spawns
- Consumables: Canned dog food and other packaged foods, Blackwater Brew, New River Red Ale, Oak Holler Lager, Old Possum, Pickaxe Pilsner
- Junk: Duct tape, cigar box, cigarette, cigar, Blackwater Brew bottle, New River Red Ale bottle, Oak Holler Lager bottle, Old Possum bottle, Pickaxe Pilsner bottle
Big Fred's BBQ Shack appears in Fallout 76.