The assault carbine is a magazine-fed, compact automatic weapon with a high rate of fire and a comparatively low spread, created specifically for use by American paratroopers. It is one of the most accurate automatic weapons in the game, and can be effectively used in close and long range combat.
The assault carbine can be equipped with an extended magazine, identical to that used on the regular Marksman carbine except with a black rather than aluminum finish. This special version, modified by the Gun Runners, also accepts a forged receiver and light bolt modification.
The assault carbine uses 5mm rounds, boasting an armor piercing effect of -10 DT, and 5mm AP rounds, which have a -25 DT effect. These make the weapon highly effective against medium armored or heavily armored targets, as only power armor possesses more than 25 DT. In addition, 5mm HP rounds have only a x2 DT multiplier, compared to the x3 multiplier of other HP rounds. (All effects as of patch 126.96.36.1992). 5mm ammunition is available in large quantities, as it is also used by the high-capacity minigun. In V.A.T.S mode, it will shoot a 5 round burst for a cost of 20 action points.
- Assault carbine extended magazines, increases ammunition capacity by 6.
- Assault carbine forged receiver, increases condition by 33%.
- Assault carbine light bolt, increases rate of fire by 20%.
- Assault carbine, the common variant that supports less modifications.
- The Grunt perk does not affect this weapon. This is because it is introduced in Honest Hearts, and add-on content cannot interact with each other.
- Oddly, this weapon can be used to complete the Nyah! See? challenge, despite not being a submachine gun, light machine gun or minigun.
- When aiming, it appears that the couriers pinky finger is colliding into the grip of the weapon.