Armor of the 87th Tribe
It's the personal armor of centurion Gaius Magnus, probably created personally for him after he assimilated the 87th tribe into Caesar's Legion. It's a full suit of heavy gauge steel similar to Legate Lanius' armor, with a light green and yellow tint, and the Bull of the Caesar's Legion is painted onto the front and the back of the breastplate. The Roman numerals for 87, LXXXVII, are spelled out down the back right of the armor.
It provides a Damage Threshold of 22 but is heavy armor, so is rather bulky. This armor also has a massive amount of item HP, more than any power armor in the game. However, it only provides the Damage Threshold, equal to some advanced medium armors. The large combat bonuses may be worth the lack of DT though. With Jury Rigging, it can be repaired with any set of heavy armor.
- Dry Wells, on the body of centurion Gaius Magnus. You'll have to nuke Caesar's Legion in order to access the location.
- Even though it has the Caesar's Legion symbol on the front and the back, the armor is not considered faction armor, therefore, it can be safely worn in any location without repercussions.
- Killing any irradiated Legion troops will net you Legion infamy. This makes it considerably more difficult to obtain this armor if you want to remain on good terms with the Legion.
Behind the scenes
- When asked about the armor, Chris Avellone stated:
We kept hearing people say they wanted something as cool as Lanius' armor, so we decided to give the fans a special version. After all, it is the last add-on.”
- Originally, the Courier could side with the Legion and obtain the armor from a tributary case left by the Legion as a reward; however this idea was scrapped and the tributary case only exists as an unused object in the GECK.
- J.E. Sawyer set up the armor stats and balanced it against the rest of the game.