The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help The Vault by filling it in.
Better image needed
An image on this page has quality issues that need to be rectified. Please help The Vault by editing or replacing it with a better version.
The Ant Researcher is a scientist who can be found (usually dead) at Shalebridge in Fallout 3.
The Ant researcher had a passion for arthropods and as such wandered into the Shalebridge ant hill. He was glad to see that the forager ants inside didn't seem to mind him. He is found deep in the ant burrow, usually lying dead in a small pond. How he died is not certain.
Interactions with the player character
|This character drops a finger when killed (Lawbringer).|
|Big Book of Science**|
Drops on death
* May pick up a hunting rifle found in the room.
** Occasionally carries an additional minor random item, often a bobby pin.
- The Ant Researcher respawns every 72 hours with a new book.
- Usually when he respawns he is alive, fighting an ant, but you can kill him (if you encounter him alive, he is default "hostile" to the Lone Wanderer) with no karma penalty and take the book from his corpse.
- You may actually have to walk through the water to get his corpse to come to the surface. If he's submerged you won't be able to see him.
- The researcher has an unusual tactic that the Lone Wanderer cannot do. He crouches and enters one of the ant tunnels, attempting to hide from the Ants. However, he gets trapped and swarmed. This makes getting the book impossible.
The ant researcher appears only in Fallout 3.