Fallout 3 locations project
Anacostia Crossing metro station
Anacostia Crossing station, or Eastern Market, is a Metro station, and a stop on the red line.
This station is the southernmost point of the red line in Washington, D.C. The red line continues past this station, under the Anacostia River, into Virginia. According to a status monitor, this station is currently active. It is directly north of Rivet City.
The station is one of the largest to survive the war. On top of the standard facilities to accommodate metro passengers, it also connects to a sizable underground records and administration section. Although the stairways are long gone, the desks where DCTA clerks once worked tirelessly still sit unused in dusty rooms.
The station lies on the outskirts of the D.C. Ruins. The stairs leading down to the station are extensive and large and the plaza is dotted with benches and maps of the metro station. Not far off to the south is the entrance to Rivet City. The station is a common area for Talon Company mercs and regulators to appear.
By entering from the Anacostia Metro entrance, you are brought out onto the raised platform in the center of the station. The central focus of the platform is the ticketing booth. To the west of the ticketing booth, you will find a sandbag barricade that separates the main floor of the platform from a raider encampment. There are raiders waiting behind the barricade. Continuing to head west on the upper platform, the rear section is the raider encampment, proper. The metro leads straight to the entrance of the Museum of Technology.
- A Pugilism Illustrated can be found on a table near some raiders above the northern part of the platform.
- Anacostia Metro Station is an actual metro station in DC. However, the in-game Anacostia Crossing Station is actually the Navy Yard Station in real life. This can easily be discovered by referencing the Fallout 3 map of D.C. to a real one.
- The name of this station, where it is identified as Eastern Market, appeared on an advertisement for the Metro.
- A protectron can be activated in the office areas near Seward Square. You can also download a metro map from the same computer.
- In the rubble and debris at the rear of the entrance is a glitch where you can go out of the map and you can gain easy access to the National Guard depot by going directly north and going through the door on the opposite side.
Ticket Master's Office.
Anacostia Crossing station appears only in Fallout 3.
- Fallout 3 Official Game Guide Game of the Year Edition p.463-464