1st Recon survival armor
- You can't take back what you've done. But your regrets can set you on a better path.
-You got a point. There's still some things I can do before all this is over.
A variant of the standard NCR trooper armor tailored for survival in harsh conditions. The primary modification is the addition of a pair of bandoleers, greatly increasing storage capacity. Unlike the dark 1st Recon assault armor, the survival armor emphasizes Boone's newly found conviction that he can make the wasteland a better place, one bullet at a time.
Curiously, Boone only wears the tunic, with the arms cut off and the patches of his former unit sown onto the sleeves of the shirt worn underneath.
An upgrade of Boone's default outfit, the survival armor comes with 15 DT alongside a perk that increases his carrying capacity. By the time Boone acquires this armor, it may be outclassed by other ones given to him by the player, however.
- Acquired by Boone after completing I Forgot to Remember to Forget, if the player convinces Boone to take the high road and use his trauma as a springboard for finding a better path through life.
Behind the scenes
- The Official Game Guide states that it and the 1st Recon assault armor can be acquired by the player by simply taking them from Boone. This is not true, as the armor can only be added to the player's inventory with console commands and even then, it will cause graphical errors.
- The armor appears to have been intended as a general uniform available to the player, but this decision was apparently reversed, making it an unique outfit.
Pre-release version worn by the Courier
- Fallout: New Vegas Official Game Guide Collector's Edition p.212: "Tip No, Boone didn't give the armor to you. But you can simply trade the item, swapping it (or taking it) by opening his Inventory. Boone doesn't mind. Remember you can have only one of the two types of armor, although they are statistically identical."