|This is a lore summary, presenting intradiegetic or in-universe information about the subject. For game characteristics and similar data, consult the table on the right.|
The Smith & Wesson M29 .44 Magnum revolver is a weapon appearing in Fallout 2, Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas, Fallout 4, and Fallout 76. It was also supposed to appear in Van Buren (the canceled Fallout 3 by Black Isle Studios).
The Smith & Wesson Model 29 is a six-shot, double-action revolver chambered for the .44 Magnum cartridge, manufactured since 1955. This large frame revolver offers excellent accuracy, firepower, and reliability. Multiple models remain available and quite popular in the wastelands, from the shortened 4 1/2 inch variant to the full size, high end monsters with scopes. By default, the revolvers come with tritium illuminated sights.
Smith & Wesson M29 with 4" barrel
A model with a shorter barrel and dark wooden grip, this M29 retains its maneuverability and excellent performance against hostile targets, while being easier to operate and maneuver.
- It can be upgraded with a speed loader.
Smith & Wesson M29 with 6 1/2" barrel
A model with a full size barrel, delivering excellent performance and accuracy. The only better revolver is the .45-70 monstrosity used for hunting large game. Depsite its firepower, it can be concealed by talented infiltrators.
- Unique variants in Fallout 3 include Blackhawk, Callahan's Magnum (Broken Steel) and Paulson's revolver (Mothership Zeta).
- The unique variant in Fallout: New Vegas is the Mysterious Magnum.
- Unique variants in Fallout 4 include Eddie's Peace, Kellogg's pistol, and The Gainer. A non-unique variant was added by Nuka-World, called the Western revolver.
- Unique variants in Fallout 76 include the Voice of Set and Somerset Special. It also reuses the non-unique variant, the Western revolver.
- For the Mysterious Stranger's unique non-player weapons see Mysterious Stranger's .44 Magnum (Fallout 3) and Mysterious Stranger's .44 Magnum (Fallout: New Vegas).
- The unique scoped variant in Fallout Shelter is the Blackhawk.
- Weapon appearance in released games.
- Fallout: New Vegas appearance.